Like Spicy Food? Then these chips are for you! These spicy corn chips are a great snack to munch on anytime. Do you prefer your chips less spicy? Decrease the amount of jalapeños and chipotle pepper seasoning. Either way, they are delicious! Make triangle shaped chips using the thin triangle Easy Chip form (T100) or round chips using the thin round Easy Chip form (C100). We like ours with a raw cashew cheese dip, but they're great to also eat plain.
Equipment needed: Blender, Food Processor, Dehydrator
Recommended: Use the C100 - thin round or T100 - thin triangle Easy Chip form
3 cups organic corn (fresh or frozen - thawed)
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup ground flax seed (or 1/4 cup whole flax seed)
4 cloves garlic
1/2 large sweet onion
3 jalapeño pepper
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 T chipotle pepper spice - optional
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1 t ground cumin
1 T Himalayan pink salt
1 cup pure water
- Place cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds into a high speed blender and blend into a flour. Remove from blender and set aside.
- Roughly chip the sweet onion. remove stems from the jalapeño peppers. (Remove ribs and seeds also to make the chips less spicy!) Peel garlic cloves.
- Place the water, lemon juice, corn, onion, garlic, jalapeño peppers, salt and all spices into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended corn mixture into a food processor, add the nut/seed flour and process until smooth.
- Using the C100 - thin round Easy Chip form, spread onto the Teflex sheets. Dehydrate for six hours, then remove the Teflex sheets and continue dehydrating for approximately 18 more hours on the mesh screen. Store at room temperature or can be refrigerated.
Makes approximately 200 chips.